Various quality fabricated steel packages were required for the installation of a new surface crushing system at George Fisher Mine. These upgrades were fundamental for Xstrata Zinc in improving plant production and achieving design nameplate goals.
Mineforce was responsible for the supply and fabrication of all structural steel, totaling 900T and all fabricated in Mineforce’s Townsville workshop.
Scope of Work
- Fabrication of screening station
- Fabrication of surge bin
- Fabrication of oversize chute
- Fabrication of undersize chute
- Fabrication of crushing plant conveyors
- Supply of idlers, idler frames and pulleys for the complete conveyor system
Highlights & Achievements
- Delivery of 900T of structural steel without defect under our accredited Quality Management System.
- Early in the project an accelerated schedule for delivery of structural steel was requested by our client. Mineforce stepped up to the challenge, organizing day and night shifts to successfully meet the new tight deadline.
- Project was completed with zero incidents.