- George Fisher Warehouse & Five Star Heavy Vehicle & Equipment Workshop
George Fisher Warehouse & Five Star Heavy Vehicle & Equipment Workshop
- Client:Xstrata Zinc
- Location:George Fisher Mine, Mount Isa
- Timeline:2007 - 2008
- Contract Value:$6 Million approx. (combined)
- Contract Type:Lump Sum
- Warehouse – Structural Fabrication, Civil & Structural Installation
- Workshop - Design, Structural Fabrication, Earthworks, Civil, Structural & Piping Installation
The new warehouse at George Fisher Mine in 2007 was part of a major onsite revamp project. Mineforce was contracted by Xstrata Zinc to construct a new 3,600 square metre warehouse to store critical spares for zinc operations including the Smelter, Concentrator and both George Fisher Mine and Black Star Open Cut Mine. The successful completion of the warehouse ultimately led to the selection of Mineforce to design, supply and construct the Five Star Heavy Vehicle and Equipment Workshop at George Fisher Mine.
Mineforce was responsible for the structural fabrication, and the civil, structural and cladding construction of the warehouse, followed by, the design and construction of the Five Star Workshop.
Warehouse Scope of Work
- Preparation and construction of foundations and ground slabs and aprons
- Erection of steelwork
- Installation of cladding, flashings and down pipes
- Supply and installation of new office complexes, crib rooms and ablutions
Five Star Warehouse Scope of Work
- Preparation of all design and detailed drawings for client approval
- Earthworks preparation and compaction
- Fabrication and erection of structural steel
- Completion of civil works including foundations, concrete slabs and aprons, drainage pits and wash down facilities for heavy and light equipment.
- Installation of lubrication delivery system (oil) throughout workshop including piping
- Supply and installation of overhead cranes
- Supply and installation of cladding, flashings and down pipes
- Installation of roof mounted climate control system
Highlights & Achievements
- Selected out of a number of larger competitors as a result of our previous performances.
- Successfully delivered the first equipment facility of its type in the Mount Isa region.
- Completed all works safely, on time and within budget to the complete satisfaction of the client.